When Should I Replace My Garage Door?
Even if you tend to be vigilant about home maintenance, there are a few things that always seem to slip the mind—and the garage door is one of them. If your garage door opener is acting up, that’s easily replaced, but how do you know when you need to replace the door itself?
Signs That You Might Need a New Garage Door
If you notice any of the following characteristics or issues, it might be time to get a new garage door:
- Rust, dents and/or scratches on the panels
- If it looks like it’s in bad shape, it’s probably in bad shape. Once your door is showing serious visible deterioration, it’s time to consider a replacement.
- A warped shape
- Wooden garage doors, in particular, can become heavily warped, over time, putting stress on the track and spring mechanism.
- A bent or damaged track
- Track damage can be just as bad as door damage and can cause problems with opening and closing.
- Difficulty opening and closing it, even when done manually
- Even if you’re not sure what’s causing the problem, a door that’s difficult to open and close may need to replaced.
Get a Quality New Garage Door from Family Christian Doors
If you’re experiencing garage door problems or your door is simply falling apart, Family Christian Doors offers a variety of quality garage doors and convenient repair services. Visit one of our offices in Dallas or Ft. Worth today to find out what we can do for you!